“THE 2ND BIGGEST REASON TRADERS LOSE MONEY!”
Regular $40.00 From ONLY $10.99
CRUCIAL VPS Benefits
per user /mo
per user /mo
per user /mo
VPS for Automated Forex Trading
With VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting, forex traders can run automated algorithmic strategies, including EAs (Expert Advisors), without any concerns about downtime ruining their trades.
With a robust VPS solution, you need no longer worry about servers crashing or broadband connectivity fluctuating. We’ve partnered with Contabo to provide a customised, low-latency solution for our clients. The VPS seamlessly connects traders using cutting-edge technology.
If you are running EAs, it is vital that your platform is connected to an on going computer 24-hours a day!
What could possibly happen when running MT4 without a Forex VPS?
Imagine that as you sit down in front of your computer, and you’re all set to start trading today you go to turn your computer then BOOM! No Internet Connection!
You’re left with an unmanned robot free to do what it wants whilst stacking up multiple losing positions that you can not close!
Not only is this bad for your robot there’s nothing worse than watching your profits turn into Huge losing trades that could potentially wipe your account!
Frequently Asked Questions
A virtual private server (“VPS”) is a form of web hosting, which uses data centre facilities to allow businesses to locate physical hardware to provide a direct ISP connection, with Forex VPS data centres or professional computer-server facilities providing the ability for trading entities to host their trading software for 24 hour operations.
VPS hosting has been developed to make the best of both worlds, the most favourable components of shared hosting and dedicated hosting services, placing the website on a server that also has other sites running on it, the only difference being that there are few sites per server. Technology known as virtualization is used to compartmentalize a VPS centre.
Each of the sites share the running costs of the server, either monthly or annually, with the costs considerably lower than that of a dedicated hosting site.
Virtual private servers are different from shared hosting in that your site won’t share resources with neighbouring sites, each site being a partitioned server area with its own operating system, storage, RAM and monthly data transfer limits, thus providing smoother and a more stable site performance.
Reasons for considering trading on a VPS instead of on your own computer directly would include:
- You can connect to your platform from anywhere with a network connection, including internet cafes, allowing you the flexibility to trade anywhere, anytime.
- When trading is automated, trades can continue even with power outages, which is particularly useful when an automated system does not require monitoring.
- Trades can be executed while your computer is switched off.
- VPS systems offer some of the most robust levels of security, with managed VPS servers being checked frequently to ensure that they are functioning with most service providers guaranteeing 99.9% uptime, with antivirus and other software also provided to ensure that your system is as protected as possible.
- A VPS can execute all your trades more quickly than your computer because it is significantly faster in transmitting orders, reducing delays and slippage, slippage known to increase losses and unpredictability.
- Performance: Most forex VPS use virtualization technology, allowing the forex VPS service provider to compartmentalise and split their resources amongst a number of users, the issue being a user with a high workload could impact performance for other user compartments, virtualization being done at operating system level and not hardware level. Reduced uptime and speed could lead to increased latency.
- Hyper-V technology are for users on forex VPS that run on Microsoft Windows Servers, with OpenVZ being for users that run on Linux, these being the only two configurations that ensure the required degree of operation stability.
- Flexibility in Hosting Plans: There should be a range of plans available for traders to be able to make a choice that caters for individual needs.
- Location of VPS/Broker’s Server: It is important to select a forex VPS which is co-located with your broker’s server as the latency period is reduced where the VPS is co-located with the broker’s server. This in fact may be the most important consideration.
- Uptime: a VPS should provide at least 99.99% uptime, which requires a VPS provider to have significant redundancy in the system, which allows the VPS provider to have the necessary system resources to effectively shift users to another compartment if there is downtime in a particular compartment.
- Accept a Range of Applications: The forex VPS provider needs to be able to accept all types of forex software and applications, as well as enabling the user to enhance software as and when required.